• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New User. Rooted. Need help.

I'm new to this forum, and to android since moving over from iphone. I rooted my kyocera hydro edge on boost mobile (4.1.2 jellybean) with framaroot 1.6.1 following the instructions on this website (thank you) and everything went fine. SuperSU updated after installation. I am trying to move applications to the sd card. I downloaded FolderMount (and a number of other apps that claim to move apps2SD but don't work) and FolderMount only sees what is on the SD Card, not internal storage. How can I move apps to my SD Card?
Thank you!

Most apps can't be run from the SD card. Of those that can be, parts of them have to remain in internal storage.

External storage was never designed to run apps, it was designed to hold data. That someone figured out how to get some few apps to run from there is nice, but it's like finding a winning lottery ticket in a parking lot - don't base your life's income on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones