• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New User Says Hello

dan-fox

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
Hi! Saying Hi the instant I register just because the forum seems to encourage that. I have ~30 yr in IT; 10 in Jave; I intend to become familiar with writings apps for the Android platform. I just got a Droid X a week ago, and I consider it to be pure 'geek crack'! This thing is more fun than the first time I got hold of a spreadsheet. :)

I know there are many dev forums out there; before I start in I want to become familiar with the Droid that I own, so I look for a newbie forum. For instance I'm having difficulties making friends with bluetooth functionality. It's pairing just fine but....... This is NOT my request for assistance on this topic. I will post that in the appropriate place once I've scraped the archives for clues.

TIA - Dan Fox

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones