• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New VZW OTA and Google Maps not opening 4/29/13

Hello everyone,

I was not aware of the OTA update so I was surprised to see I was getting it a few nights ago. The next day, I find that Google Maps will not open for some reason. Anyone know how to resolve this?

I would start by powering off your Rez and removing the battery. After a minute, replace and power up the phone. Sometimes a hard reboot will fix a problem like google maps not opening.

If that doesn't fix your problem... you might be looking at a factory reset to fix the problem. So far I've not noticed any problems since the OTA on my unit. However, the last major OTA forced me into a reset. It's somewhat of a pain to do but it did clear up all of the nagging problems I encountered after the OTA.

Best of luck to you.

Upvote 0
thanks guys, i tried restarting the phone but had to do a factory reset which I wanted to avoid as much as possible. anyways, the reset did the trick.

I changed the wallpaper, had to load up my apps, arrange them on the screens, changing up the placement and order. I feel like a have a new phone now. I actually did this a while ago, just didn't have the chance to reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones