• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newb question about music

android.convert

Sep 3, 2010
Detroit, MI
Alright so I am trying to move away from using multiple devices and get everything on one. So I have a quick question about music on an android. So of course I have an itunes account and currently use an ipod at work to listen to music. If i begin to purchase tunes from the google play store. When I move to a new device how do i get them to the new phone? Also anyway I can get my current itunes songs on my phone?

When you set up and install the google play music app it asks you if you want to add any music to your library.

If you have the itunes music on the phone it *should* be able to recognize it . I ditched itunes a long time though so I'm not positive.

Try to get them added to the library before you purchase anything from the music play store just in case it doesnt work

Reactions: android.convert
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones