• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

newbie here

Hi yanz, welcome to AF!

Hmm... I'm trying to think of my favorite apps, and well, I'm drawing a blank.
I know for a long while I had a bunch of networking applications on my Evo, but a lot of those require root, and are only good to have if you're into networking.

Some other apps that I've enjoyed are:
> ES File Explorer
> TweetDeck/TweakDeck (I used to use tweetdeck, now I use tweakdeck)
> ShopSavvy
>IMDb
>SoundHound
>UrbanSpoon
>Terminal Emulator
> Wifi Analyzer

I also had all the old Tiger GBC/GBA NES/SNES emulators on there, but the site's down lately :(

Android Applications - Android Forums --- For more applications
Samsung Galaxy Y - Android Forums ---- I think this is your device, they'll have tons of great info about it there.

Hope that helps, and welcome to AF!
-9to5

Reactions: yanzGalaxyY
Upvote 0
Hey yanz welcome to AF!

I too love ES File Explorer..

some of my other favorites are...

Moon+ Reader - an ebook reader with cool features.

musiXmatch Lyrics & Music - a music player with lyrics for all your songs, I found this app to be particularly battery friendly when data is turned off compared to other music player apps.

Titanium Backup ★ root - an app that requires root but should be an essential to all root users.

and..

FoxFi (WiFi Tether w/o Root) - I've used this app for months to tether my pc for interwebs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones