• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Newbie with some aria questions..ty!

jedelsol

Lurker
Aug 29, 2010
I have an Aria - my first droid phone after six years on windows mobile. I'm a business user - large contact list from Outlook (1800+), calendar items, lots of solid synchronization needs.
I'd like to address some areas the phone is coming up short (or my lack of knowledge in using it is coming up short).
1) voice control - I'd really like to pull up any contact record with a voice command. I'd prefer that it operate internal to the phone rather than requiring network connectivity and the delays associated with it.
Also, the call "John Jones on mobile" voice dial app is often inaccurate - is there anything better out there?
2) speech to text improvement - is there a way to keep the listening mode on longer? As soon as I pause for an instant it starts translating so I can dictate a text or email only a small phrase at a time.
3) When using voice to enter a name to look up, it puts a space behind the name and doesn't match the entry until I delete the space.
Any assistance pointing me to pertinent posts or links to resolve these problems would be most appreciated.
Thank you,
Joe

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones