• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Next big phone after Desire?

@Usta
I would have to agree with you there.

Because I have seen Nvidia actively working with developers from many of their close partners to encourage porting of their software to the tegra 2.

For example, just last week at their keynote Nvidia displayed what a possible mobile version of EVE Online could look like. They had done it quite successfully and he said he only had one week on it. At the same time, Nvidia has a lot of experience with the games industry like Sony so they will be able to encourage the likes of Gamesloft & EA to port AAA games to Android.

Although this will be good for android., it is also dependant on whether Google's new anti-fragmentation clause will apply to Nvidia as well. Because they have also had an interest in not spiting up the code at the bottom level.

TBH, I would say wait till the Google I/O which is quite soon. I think everything will become clearer by then.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones