• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 4 - No Networks Available.

Benjie55

Lurker
May 31, 2016
I have a Nexus 4 which is now about two years old and I'm on Virgin Media. I am now on holiday in France but my phone shows no service networks available. It shows 4 networks, F-Bouygues, F-SFR, Orange, and Vodaphone but is unable to register with any of these.

It seems that this phone is poor at reception. Anything I can do to remedy this whilst I'm here? If this is normal for a Nexus I'll have to ditch it when I get back home.

Guessing you're a virgin mobile UK customer (based on you mentioning EE)
In that case, the following should be useful... as you've got internet access you should be able to turn this on now....

---------------------------------------------------------

Before You go
Get set up – If you’re planning a trip abroad and want to use your phone while you’re away, you just need to let us know by switching on ‘Roaming’ in Your Account.

To do this, log in to ‘Your Account’ and select the ‘Manage Services’ tab. From there scroll down to the ‘Roaming’ section. Click the slider to the ‘On’ position, and you’re all set.

Check your coverage – If you Pay As You Go, you can use your phone in over 100 countries, and if you pay monthly it’s more than 200. See our full list of available countries.

Check you’ve got the right kind of phone – Most phones will work anywhere, but you’ll need a triband or quadband phone for countries like USA and Canada, so it works on their network.

Set up a voicemail PIN – If you pay monthly, you can pick up voicemail while you’re away. Just dial your voicemail and follow the instructions.

Top up – If you Pay As You Go, add credit before you go or register your credit or debit card in Your Account and top up online once you’re abroad.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system...-TSC-CABLE&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=167464

Reactions: mikedt and KOLIO
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones