• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus 7 Watering Hole

The girl at Gamestop has never seen a Nexus 7. The store hasn't received their first shipment and is no longer accepting pre-orders.

I think I would call BS on that. They were the first one selling them. Had the N7 preorder thread up in arms. I did hear that someone ordered from Office Depot and got 2 day shipping, so there is that.

Upvote 0
I picked mine up at UPS over lunch but can't pop it open yet... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Pup.
a6934895-5bc5-a890.jpg

Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0
Was she a blonde twirling her hair around her finger and batting her eyes at you by any chance?
Actually a brunette dyed black with multiple piercings. She did say that her store's first load still hadn't come in.

I did hear that someone ordered from Office Depot and got 2 day shipping, so there is that.
Presently showing out of stock on their website and not taking orders :( My first opportunity might be Staples on Mon/Tue next week.

Upvote 0
Ok, for those who rooted and unlocked....I gave it a go last night. After much haggling with my Ubuntu setup and Android SDK setup, I finally got adb working so I downloaded SuperSU and Clockwork and pushed them through adb to the Nexus 7. I issued the reboot recovery command through adb and that worked. Then when I issued the oem fastboot unlock command it just kept saying waiting.

Any ideas what I did wrong? I did all this with my Galaxy Nexus, but I forgot what all I did because that was 7-8 months ago.

Upvote 0
I went to another Gamestop in the area this AM. Same story, more detail. They received their first shipment (5-7) and had to send them back. All the customers that preordered a couple weeks ago still haven't gotten theirs. The store has no idea when their first shipment is coming in and have been told to stop promoting sales of the product until availability is known.

Upvote 0
I went to another Gamestop in the area this AM. Same story, more detail. They received their first shipment (5-7) and had to send them back. All the customers that preordered a couple weeks ago still haven't gotten theirs. The store has no idea when their first shipment is coming in and have been told to stop promoting sales of the product until availability is known.

Bummer. Like I said, if you have a US address to ship too several folks are getting the 8GB within days of ordering.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yeah, battery life is stellar but I'm just looking for longer standby time when I'm, um, not using it.

Was just about to post in the N7 forum about Beam not working but tried it one more time and it worked just fine with my Gnex. :)
It's a little slow, but works well.
Now, when can the "Slide to unlock" app be modded to work on my N7? Love it on my Gnex but would like it even more on the N7 since the unlock button is a bit too recessed for my liking.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones