• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus can't decide if it's a boy or girl?

Sumo

Sep 17, 2009
My nexus can't seem to make it's mind up what gender it is since manualy up dating to ICS. Basicly when using Google navigation the voice comands are sometimes a man and somtimes a woman this is completely random?
I cant find any settings for this and i am complety stumped?:thinking:

Any help please?

thanks people.

Nope, never happened once so far and I did my manual update about a month ago. Only really issue I just started having is the random reboots but whatever, I'm sure 4.0.4 will fix that. I'm guessing you're having an AUDIO problem, maybe the voice isn't changing genders it's just distorted or sluggish?

Upvote 0
Nope, never happened once so far and I did my manual update about a month ago. Only really issue I just started having is the random reboots but whatever, I'm sure 4.0.4 will fix that. I'm guessing you're having an AUDIO problem, maybe the voice isn't changing genders it's just distorted or sluggish?

No no its definitely a male and a female voice, the speach rate is the same.

Still can't fix this but I do find it very funny!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones