• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One 3G Problems: Are You Having Them?

Does your Nexus One have 3G connectivity problems?

• Yes... how annoying!

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • No... everything is skippy!

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • Dunno

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters
My issues are not as bad as some others. I get very poor 3G speeds at home (a solid 3G area) but I have 3 - 4 bars and never fall into EDGE.

At work I am stuck in EDGE, though my office is in a 3G area. I had thought it might be because I was inside, but I checked again outside and I was still in EDGE.

As I got closer to home, I did go back to 3G so I have a feeling this will be resolved with a software fix that will tweak the cellular radio.

Upvote 0
More of an annoyance for me; im in the Philly area (Conshohocken, PA) and it's a toss up between if im on 3g or Edge at any given time; i never see it switch over; but if im looking at it at 8am; i may come back at 12pm and it'll be on edge while it was on 3g all morning in the same spot.

Hasn't affected my use; Pandora still plays HQ streams without interruption; but i haven't needed to talk and web yet while on edge.

Upvote 0
sofla here.

my 3g goes in and out. like most cell phone operations it works better in some areas. and it is the best outside.

i am quoting myself, and to be honest i do not remember saying this. somehow it was edited and i did not change this. i know what i wrote and i even have an email confirming that this is not what i wrote.

how in the world did someone change my post!

my 3g does not work at all unless i set it to the "only setting"
if i go back to the prefered the "3g" notification will be on untill i try to use data. then it goes right back to edge.

but the big question is....who changed my posting?

Upvote 0

i call shenanigans on this article at engadget. google is trying to blame it partially on poor coverage? please read my above post.

3g works great in my area. all other tmob phones my friends have always have it. when i set my phone for the 3g only it works great. so in other words the coverage is there and working fine...but obviously the phone is not.

Upvote 0
Not me:
N13G.png

Upvote 0
Again, I wonder if the OTA update will be for the radio as a whole for those who live in poor 2g areas - 3 bars of signal to nothing when the phone is picked up.

Yes, we know that the radio is in the base of the phone so that no one gets a fried head, but no other phone I've ever used has suffered this badly. This I see as a design fault and the radio is not fit for purpose, unless the purpose is to force the user to hold the phone unnaturally to get a signal...

What say you Ry Guy?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones