Nexus One Activation Question

Last Updated:

1. Fdelys

Fdelys Member This Topic's Starter

So I was wondering if anyone could help me out with this problem.

I ordered a Nexus One to Philly at 2:10 pm EST yesterday, shortly after the page went live. I was hoping to get my phone today, like many people, but I got my shipping notice this morning. Unfortunately, I will not receive my phone until tomorrow.

Here's the problem: I need to cancel with Sprint before tomorrow (or I'm charged for a whole new billing cycle). I need to activate with T-mobile simultaneously, otherwise I lose my number.

The T-mobile customer care representatives said they could do nothing, and Google doesn't even have a customer service line.

The only thing I can think of is whether or not you can activate the phone before receiving it. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks..

Advertisement
  2. jameskk

jameskk Active Member

Sprint should prorate your billing so you'll just be charged for one day.

3. Fdelys

Fdelys Member This Topic's Starter

I actually was able to activate my phone number with t-mobile once I had gotten the shipping notice. The link is in the e-mail, and it worked even though I don't have my phone yet.

This may be better than going through the hassle of trying to only pay for a day of service- I've noticed sometimes the customer care representatives are especially snotty when you mention you're canceling your service.

4. raremage

raremage Well-Known Member

Sprint specifically are a pain in the butt on this, and I think their normal policy is, if you enter the next billing period, they bill for the whole thing even if you cancel on day two.

As for a solution - what if you go to TMo store and port your number to a free (or nearly free) phone. Then when the N1 arrives, just move the SIM?