• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus One

Matty Mo - cool beans man. I also wanted to add the following to the thread just in case in case someone else tries to get a phone from him.

1) Pictures he sent were all from Google images - 2 of them checked out and the other 2 were like thumbnail sized.
2) Not proving he had the phone via a properly sized photo of the phone with a name tag on paper or something leads me to doubt that he even has any of the phones he has been trying to sell.
3) I have my doubts on this shady Paypal account since in my conversation with the kid he said he'll just create more PayPal accounts no big deal. Snce they aren't verified it's easy to just take his money from one account to another and to another.
4) He told one other guy his account was his cousins - he told me it's his uncles. Truth = it's his and no one elses. I wouldn't let my nephew on my account - where are his parents.
5) He's had local Craigslist ads pulled/flagged for removal due to his shady pricing scheme and only wanting to be paid via PayPal (even locally - I mean WTF?)
6) Till last night he had 8-9 items on his Ecrater page - all of them are gone and his account is suspended I believe? They were all high end electronics - shit that people would want to buy for cheap - all, you guessed it, priced way cheap. I'm talking Iphone 4 32gb, PS3, Motorola phones, nexus one etc I mean the amount of money someone would loose in those deals is just too good to be true.
7) When I called him and asked for the serial number/IMEI of the phone he told me someone had taken black marker and colored/scribbled all over the phone tag on the inside under the battery - making it illegible.
8) PayPal informed me that the account I sent money to was less than 48hrs old !! Not even verified - no doubt since he's got other accounts.

Don't know what else to add - I just hope he doesn't try it with someone else. I won't be releasing his information since I believe he's still a minor.

Upvote 0
Not saying this is the case, but he had been communicating with me back and forth via email on a trade for my iphone 3GS and $50. He wanted me to PayPal $70, then he'd send the device and a confirm number and refund me $20 upon receiving my iPhone. Sounded way to shady.

And to top it off, when I asked for photos of the device he happily sent me four pictures.

To bad all four pictures he claimed to be his device I found on multiple google image searches.

Thumbs wayyy down!

Upvote 0
Not saying this is the case, but he had been communicating with me back and forth via email on a trade for my iphone 3GS and $50. He wanted me to PayPal $70, then he'd send the device and a confirm number and refund me $20 upon receiving my iPhone. Sounded way to shady.

And to top it off, when I asked for photos of the device he happily sent me four pictures.

To bad all four pictures he claimed to be his device I found on multiple google image searches.

Thumbs wayyy down!
Yes - he's a shit head kid who's out to scam people. He's not verifying any of his paypal accounts and makes them as easily as people make Gmail accounts. So I'm assuming what he must be doing is drawing people in and having them send money to these fake paypal accounts - then siphoning the money to another shady paypal account etc. Do this three, four times and paypal can't track the money - then finally withdraw the money to an account. This way he gets the money and can't be tracked.

Also all the images he sent me too were Google images. He's also replying to other items that he's so called sold. He replied back to an item that was supposedly sold and wanted me to wire him the money to another shady PayPal account.

Upvote 0
Well it looks like the mods have banned this scum. Hopefully, he won't be able to create another user using one of his many e-mail addresses.

And hopefully djpharaoh and I get our money back...

Wow that is crazy beans! To bad we couldnt have the forums ban his ip address and then somehow have them turn that over to the police... Good luck to everyone who lost money from this little kid...

Upvote 0
Yeah stuff like this scares me. Even though I realize paypal has a good system for disputes I just don't like to take the chance. Any time I buy/sell cell phones and the like I do local craigslist and cash only.
That's what I did after this - I found a Nexus one locally and its a lot less painful. Thing is PayPal + CC is a good way but just is a pain in the ass having to wait for PayPal to decide (~10days).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones