• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus or Passion - Which do you like better?

Do you like "the look?"

• Love the look of the Nexus

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Love the look of the Passion

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • They both look great

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • No thanks, I'll take something else

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
On the other hand, the few comments we've heard about the GoogleUI sound very intriguing too.

Yea, I'm really surprised we haven't seen any screen shots of the GoogleUI. The only photo I've seen looks like the plain Jane Android UI like the Moto Droid. Maybe the Nexus One just has regular Android UI and the first Tweeters were impressed with the resolution and AMOLED screen, not the UI. Definitely hope someone does a video in the next few days showing the animated screens of the Nexus One.

Upvote 0
I want the Nexus One, but in black..
Sharpie30001Mrkr.jpg

;)

Upvote 0
i would have to say the Passion / Bravo

purely because of the track ball on the nexus

WHY?? OH WHY?? are they hell bent on the stupid track ball?

RellikZephyr

trackball is a necessity. Not only does it allow for nice 1 handed navigation on a large touchscreen bit more importantly in android os it is almost impossible to successfully place a cursor accurately and the do a cut and paste. Currently android os cut and paste is the worst. o can't believe they haven't Adressed this!

Upvote 0
trackball is a necessity. Not only does it allow for nice 1 handed navigation on a large touchscreen bit more importantly in android os it is almost impossible to successfully place a cursor accurately and the do a cut and paste. Currently android os cut and paste is the worst. o can't believe they haven't Adressed this!

I have to agree whole heartedly after trying to use the wife's Eris in cut and paste. Most helpful was the trackball.

Upvote 0

But why a "trackball" ? The new BB has an optical sensor that is fantastic and accurate.

Upvote 0
But why a "trackball" ? The new BB has an optical sensor that is fantastic and accurate.

was just about to say that!!!

i understand what you are saying with copy and paste ... but a trackball???

trackballs are sooooo 90's certainly not at home on new technology smart phones

Optical Sensors people (namely HTC) like what looks like to be on the Bravo

not to mention i think trackballs are just ugly, protuding out of an otherwise attractive phone, poking out like an unsightly wart or mole

as you may have picked up i dont really like the look

end rant

RellikZephyr

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones