• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S Jelly Bean update

Phandruid

Lurker
Jul 21, 2012
UK
Hello all, site newbie here. Not sure if anyone has experienced this and can help, but I have a Nexus S (bought it the day they arrived in the UK, not network-specific) and got the JB update yesterday.

The new 'Unlock' screen came up after the update was done, but it hasn't come up since then - it just goes straight to my PIN screen when I turn the phone on. I can't find a setting anywhere that would affect this, and powering off before restarting makes no difference.

I'm really not a techie person so have very quickly run out of ideas - if anyone has any thoughts it would be great to hear them. Sorry if this is on another thread - looked but did not find!

Many thanks.
druid

Many thanks for that Rob. I must be an idiot! I didn't realise the 3-way slide option was INSTEAD of a PIN number - I thought the slide option was automatic and sliding to the unlock position took you to the PIN screen as it did first time after the update. I didn't realise you could have security OR slide but not both!

I should have realised - I spent a while wondering how you could access search and camera without the need for a PIN if you needed a PIN to unlock, but concluded it was limited access!

Thanks again both.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones