• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Nexus s new battery extended solution

I found this pretty interesting: a 1850mah and no BIGGER cover needed battery from Andida, ordered it from ebay for only 24 buck shipped i will make a review after fully tested it!
I'd guess you just wasted your money as current technology doesn't allow for 30% increases without increasing battery size. What you probably bought is a "fake" battery, one that has been labeled as 1850mAH but in reality is just a cheap replacement battery with the same 1500mAH capacity rating as the original. And it might not even have that much capacity either...you get what you pay for.

Upvote 0
I'd guess you just wasted your money as current technology doesn't allow for 30% increases without increasing battery size. What you probably bought is a "fake" battery, one that has been labeled as 1850mAH but in reality is just a cheap replacement battery with the same 1500mAH capacity rating as the original. And it might not even have that much capacity either...you get what you pay for.

You are correct it's a scam, there is a post about it on XDA. They are actually 1150 mah batteries. Sorry man but you got ripped off. :/

xda-developers - View Single Post - 1850 mAh Extended Batteries from eBay

Upvote 0
no i searched alot for andida and alot of people tested them and it really give 30% more... and when you say a 1500 mah battery is impossible to upgrade up to 2500 mah without increase the battery seize then just take duracell! this is because japan is smarther than you
Well that's a first then because going to 2500 is ~70% increase in capacity and all battery companies would want in on that new technology. Heck, I'd invest in it too.
;)
Seriously, you get what you pay for. A $20 battery is not going to perform better than the original. And many of these cheap replacements do not have the proper "intelligent battery" chip to report battery life stats to the phone. Some have even lacked proper charge current monitoring which means if you overcharge the battery it may overheat or even burst into flames (not a joke either).
:eek:
But if you manage to get a good one, then let us know after you've tested it thoroughly.
:)

Upvote 0
Well that's a first then because going to 2500 is ~70% increase in capacity and all battery companies would want in on that new technology. Heck, I'd invest in it too.
;)
Seriously, you get what you pay for. A $20 battery is not going to perform better than the original. And many of these cheap replacements do not have the proper "intelligent battery" chip to report battery life stats to the phone. Some have even lacked proper charge current monitoring which means if you overcharge the battery it may overheat or even burst into flames (not a joke either).
:eek:
But if you manage to get a good one, then let us know after you've tested it thoroughly.

its for real the fact that duracell firts gen was 1500 mah and the new gen has 2500mah and its the same seize and duracell is a trustable company. I have the seidio 1600mah here is it trustable battery to not overheat?

Upvote 0
its for real the fact that duracell firts gen was 1500 mah and the new gen has 2500mah and its the same seize
Got a link to that info? I think you're talking about Ni-MH cells, not Li-Ion. But a link would be helpful as Google didn't turn up anything in a quick search.
I have the seidio 1600mah here is it trustable battery to not overheat?
I don't have any experience with Seidio, but I can tell you that the 1600mAH rating falls within the manufacturing tolerances of several percent so even though it claims to be higher capacity than the original, it may or may not. Often it's the same capacity but simply rated higher since tolerances allow for it, deceiving users into thinking they're getting a battery with longer life when infact they're not. It also allows them to ask higher prices for the same performance. That's why I often recommend the original batteries over a "claimed" 5-10% better battery from an unknown company.
YMMV.

Reactions: frankkduf
Upvote 0
Got a link to that info? I think you're talking about Ni-MH cells, not Li-Ion. But a link would be helpful as Google didn't turn up anything in a quick search.

I don't have any experience with Seidio, but I can tell you that the 1600mAH rating falls within the manufacturing tolerances of several percent so even though it claims to be higher capacity than the original, it may or may not. Often it's the same capacity but simply rated higher since tolerances allow for it, deceiving users into thinking they're getting a battery with longer life when infact they're not. It also allows them to ask higher prices for the same performance. That's why I often recommend the original batteries over a "claimed" 5-10% better battery from an unknown company.
YMMV.
yeah its nimah, didnt know the difference. Our battery should be that way too

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones