• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus S - NO Recovery in Fastboot

nexs

Lurker
Feb 8, 2012
Hi Guys,

I have a Nexus S and I wanted to get ICS. I flashed the 128 mb ICS image manually through fastboot recovery, however, I wanted to go back and try to flash it again or flash 2.3.6 on the phone again but it's not working.

It's going into fastboot and I can choose what I want from the menu but when I choose Recovery, it shows the Google screen, Flashes the Android with a little "Matrix" ball in front of it and then it freezes at a black screen, with the soft buttons lit up.

Could anyone tell me what happened and if it can be fixed?

PS: When I press VolumeUp+Power at the black screen, it resets! and i have clockworkmod installed..

SOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVEDSOLVED SOLVED

i booted the nexus s in fastboot and pluged it in my pc, and tried to restore clockworkmod and it installed! before it was not installing because it wasent in fastboot
!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones