• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
looks pretty good!

you can kinda get a feel for how big the phone is by looking at the fingers. It seems to be atleast a 4.0in screen and that would be my guess if i had to.

Appears to be a little thicker than the nexus one but we'll see.

I hope they fixed some of the big complaints w/ the nexus one and my guess is they did. Samsung uses gorilla glass, you'll get SAMOLED which is awesome, and maybe just maybe they worked out the GPS bug... and please please please don't use a clearpad2000!!!!!!

I'm crossing my fingers that google got them to do it right this time!!

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this phone looks cheapy plasticy and corny. Horrible follow up to the nexus one which was respectable and solid in its appearance. I hope google doesn't get all discouraged and pissy again about the "disappointing" sales and decide that they "won't continue the nexus line" again.

I guess I am going for the desire hd. Samsung doesn't have me convinced. I will wait to see the full specs but I doubt there will be anything that is that compelling. Gingerbread and the front facing camera are great but it wouldn't be purchase I was happy about... anyway

Upvote 0
Unfortunately this phone looks cheapy plasticy and corny. Horrible follow up to the nexus one which was respectable and solid in its appearance. I hope google doesn't get all discouraged and pissy again about the "disappointing" sales and decide that they "won't continue the nexus line" again.

I guess I am going for the desire hd. Samsung doesn't have me convinced. I will wait to see the full specs but I doubt there will be anything that is that compelling. Gingerbread and the front facing camera are great but it wouldn't be purchase I was happy about... anyway

you know i used to think that way but after having the nexus one which feels and looks fantastic i'd give it all up for a great interface and a good screen. I could give a rats how the phone looks as long as it isn't ridiculous looking.

the shitty clearpad2000 they put on there rips me up.

I'm done w/ HTC they tend to use inferior parts... I'm guessing the "plasticky" appearance has alot to do w/ reception with samsung.

Upvote 0
you know i used to think that way but after having the nexus one which feels and looks fantastic i'd give it all up for a great interface and a good screen. I could give a rats how the phone looks as long as it isn't ridiculous looking.

the shitty clearpad2000 they put on there rips me up.

I'm done w/ HTC they tend to use inferior parts... I'm guessing the "plasticky" appearance has alot to do w/ reception with samsung.

hmm, yeah I am willing to see. I guess I'll have to wait to get my hands on one in real life to really know what I think. Aesthetics shouldn't be the final thing when buying a phone, that's a fact. But why they couldn't make it look nice also, I dont know. But I guess that's samsung. I don't find any of their products really being my taste. But if its a good phone in the end, that's gonna have to be the final factor. StillI wish it had a 4.3" screen... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
i was reading it's possibly a 1500 mah battery and i believe the nexus one has a 1400mah battery so i'm not counting on any real improvement considering the screen will be bigger with probably more power overall...

i really really really wish they would have partnered with motorola. and screw motorola for not making a gsm droid X

Upvote 0
To be honest, i'm not impressed. The specs and such are nice, but when it comes to a phone, it's about more than specs. Everything up to the performance and feel is what matters. Judging from this picture it doesn't look like it's constructed as well as the Nexus one, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Samsung products just have that cheap build and feel to them, but that doesn't take away from the performance. My biggest problem with them constructing the next Nexus phone, is the GPS problems, and The software. I'm still waiting for my goddamn froyo, and here they're talking about a phone with gingerbread? Until samsung gets their shit together, i'll think long and hard before buying an android phone from them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones