• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 3G on BRAND new Incredible 2...Any fix?!

redraptor

Android Enthusiast
Sep 6, 2010
Much too far from the waves
Ok guys, so I have been through 2 fascinates and Verizon sent me an incredible 2 to replace that piece of crap. Well I was anxiously awaiting for fedex to arrive today and they came. I rushed down stairs and grabbed the package from the Fedex dude, ran back upstairs and activated the phone. The phone had a little bit of trouble as I attempted to activate it about 3 or 4 times. Well after that it was up and running smoothly, minus the 3G. I attempted everything from factory resets, and battery pulls and airplane mode, but no dice.

I took it down to the Verizon store and waited around for about an hour and a half before they told me that it couldnt be fixed and they would send me ANOTHER replacement. Ive had the phone LESS than a day and it ALREADY needs replacing. Its a great device (The software and phone works perfectly fine, just no 3G) but its Incredibly (No pun intended, sick of these puns yet?) infuriating going through such a great phone in less than a day and then wait another 3 days before I can actually use it!!!

Anyway, is there any fix for this or is it doomed to be replaced?! I hate to sound so anxious about getting the phone to work, but it is really starting to irk me how unreliable these phones are. Im thinking Apple as my next upgrade, just for the stability...

So far, my Incredible 2 has worked properly. I had one day when it went a little wonky and kept asking me to sign in, but I think that was partly due to being in a very weak signal area. Anyway, since then, I am liking this phone more and more. It's not glitchy and just works. It's a nice size, screens are nice, camera works well, etc. At first I thought for sure I was going back to my Droid X and/or Droid Pro, but now I think I'm sticking with this one.

The only 2 things I don't like are the battery door clicks, and the font size in the menus is too small.

Upvote 0
Ok guys, so I have been through 2 fascinates and Verizon sent me an incredible 2 to replace that piece of crap. Well I was anxiously awaiting for fedex to arrive today and they came. I rushed down stairs and grabbed the package from the Fedex dude, ran back upstairs and activated the phone. The phone had a little bit of trouble as I attempted to activate it about 3 or 4 times. Well after that it was up and running smoothly, minus the 3G. I attempted everything from factory resets, and battery pulls and airplane mode, but no dice.

I took it down to the Verizon store and waited around for about an hour and a half before they told me that it couldnt be fixed and they would send me ANOTHER replacement. Ive had the phone LESS than a day and it ALREADY needs replacing. Its a great device (The software and phone works perfectly fine, just no 3G) but its Incredibly (No pun intended, sick of these puns yet?) infuriating going through such a great phone in less than a day and then wait another 3 days before I can actually use it!!!

Anyway, is there any fix for this or is it doomed to be replaced?! I hate to sound so anxious about getting the phone to work, but it is really starting to irk me how unreliable these phones are. Im thinking Apple as my next upgrade, just for the stability...

Go into your dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#* then go into "Phone information", scroll down and make sure its set to "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)"

Upvote 0
Go into your dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#* then go into "Phone information", scroll down and make sure its set to "GSM/CDMA auto (PRL)"

Where is "phone information" located. I cant seem to find it. there is an "about phone" menu but I am unable to do anything in those menus. And Do I call that number/symbol up there?

And Just for refrence:

My call settings are set as these:

Preferred Network: Global
CDMA Settings: TTY mode is off
NBPCD: United States of America (310)

I live in Va if that makes things any easier.

Upvote 0
The scary thing is Verizon should have caught this one long ago. Someone should have thought to see if you really had been migrated from one phone to the other correctly. [/face palm]

I know right. I actuwlly feel really good. I feel like i could be a Verizon employee tech and have no problem getting there ha ha! Hell I already know I'm about 99% smarter than the idiots trying to sell the phones in the stores.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones