No Air Gesture Icon or FunctionalitySupport

1. John G.

John G. Member

Verizon Carrier
    Device/Model Number - SCH-I545
    Android 4.2.2

When i purchased my phone a few weeks ago and had no case and just the thin plast cover on the screen that comes from the store the air gesture's were all working fine. I do not remember seeing an icon however. Now for some reason they do not work at all. i am 100% sure they are turned on. i've restarted the phone many time. Also there is no icon at all at the top, should be a hand in a diamond shape. Is anyone having this issue? I have the phone in a Spigen - Neo Hybrid case on it now, with a screen protector. Phone has never been dropped. Just can't figure out why any hand gestures are not working. Any help and/or suggestions would be great.

Thanks All,
    John G.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Screenshot of Gesterues and Motions please.
  3. John G.

John G. Member

Here is the screen shot

Attached Files:

4. Ageless Stranger

Ageless Stranger Well-Known Member

The diamond icon only appears when applications that support air gesture are running (like the stock browser).
  5. John G.

John G. Member

OK, correct the icon does appear if i turn everything on and go to my gallery, or to the internet. however even then nothing is working. it's almost like the sensor is turned off or something. Any ideas???
  6. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

You have turned off everything but Quick Glance, so how is it supposed to work?
  7. John G.

John G. Member

So what even if I turn every thing on it doesn't work. It's really like the sensor is turned off
  8. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

I've found that Air Gestures and Smart Screen don't play well together, so I only have Air Gestures turned on. Really wish it worked with more apps (like Facebook so I can browse through the endless babble that is my friends' so-called lives).

Also, there is no toggle for Air Gesture on the Verizon S4. WTF, Big Red?
  9. pinkfloyd213

pinkfloyd213 New Member

I am having the same problem The icon has disappeared. The air gesture works in settings where it asks you to try it, but not when the screen is off. Worked fine when phone was new. I've only had it a couple of months.
  10. edd5781

edd5781 New Member

I need some help.

My Air Gesture does not work when my phone is in sleep mode (i.e. when phone is off and I swipe my hand over it nothing comes up)

I have checked all the settings with a colleagues phone who's work perfectly fine and all settings are exactly the same.

It used to work then just stopped working.

Please help!