• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Boot Access, please help, first root.

blsbyalex

Lurker
May 13, 2014
Long story short I've rooted with spirited away and installed Rom Manager, however I have no boot access. Holding down the volume down key while powering on gives me option to hard reset, no ability to wipe or install .zip file from SD. I want to flash Samurai to my MS870, but neither manual or CWM work to do anything but factory reset my phone. I've been reset about six times now and I'm getting frustrated that all of this was just so I can lose my pictures and most contacts. If it's just that LG now locks out boot access even with Quick Boot, I understand. I just want to see if anyone else has beat this or if I'm just failing. :thinking:

I'm going to need a direct link to the app you're talking about. I just did it again, selected the correct rom (this time it actually opened), and I still got reset.

I have the Samurai .zip from here, I selected that with RomInstaller from JRummy apps, selected wipe all cache and backup current rom and executed.

Back to Metro PCS wallpapers we are.

Upvote 0
gagaquvu.jpg

Upvote 0
Ah! I've seen success! Katana installed properly to my knowledge, running nova launcher now I guess.
Any tips on where to go next? Or should I try a different fkash, I've heard Cyanogen tossed around a lot but I don't know if that's where I want to go.

Try out different roms till you land on one you like. It's easy going from rom to rom. Just do a backup in recovery of the roms you like so that you can easy go back to any rom by simply restoring the backup in recovery.

Here's the All Things Root where you'll find most of the roms and themes available along with some other goodies.

http://androidforums.com/spirit-4g-...t/680274-spirit-4g-all-things-root-guide.html

;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones