• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No connection

FussBoss

Jun 11, 2011
Our Rezound is telling us off and on that there is 'No Connection' when there IS a connection and our Razr is not having any issues. This happens both on 4G and while in wifi. Resetting the hone (hard and factory) seems not to help the issue. This problem did pop up after the phone was taken overseas, not sure if this has anything to do with the issue.

Any suggestions?

I had the same problem. I have been looking for the answer myself without much luck yet. It seemed that the no connection problem was happening in making or trying to make a connection to a WiFi signal. So last week I went into Settings, Wireless & Networks, and unchecked WiFi. I have an unlimited data plan so that works for now.

Leah

Upvote 0
Same thing here, in the Play store, internet, facebook, downloading, etc...
When I mentioned the wifi issue as well the Verizon tech acted like I was a liar. "gee" i said.. "You think maybe it's a hardware issue and not me lieing or a problem with my wifi since this phone has to physically be able to properly receive the wifi signal?!?" His response was only "Hmmmmmm ahhh, its probably you're wifi."

4G blows on this phone, constantly cutting ion and out even turning off the data sync randomly.

Upvote 0
I left WiFi off on my phone for a week and never had a "no connection" problem. However, last night I turned on my WiFi on my phone for my Roku application and forgot to turn it back off. Driving around today, I needed to use the Navigator app to get driving directions. The application couldn't get a data connection. I believe that the phone gets hung up looking for a WiFi connection and perhaps found one temporary driving in town but was quickly out of range. I have unlimited data and the 4G at my house is as fast if not faster than my WiFi, so I don't have a problem with keeping my WiFi turned off. It is a pain that when you do have the WiFi on that the phone interrupts you to ask if you want to connect to each and every WiFi signal it detects.

Leah

Upvote 0
Took mine into Verizon and they have me a new SIM card, so far it's been working. I don't have the WiFi problems, or haven't yet though. There is a setting to turn off the annoying WiFi reminders. My specific problem was getting the no connection error when accessing internet, my 4g symbol would disappear and leave only signal bars with no designation, IE 1x 3g 4g. If I switched to cdma only, 3g worked fine without cutting out. So may want to try a new SIM card.

Upvote 0
The only connection I can get is WiFi... Cdma and LTE doesn't work. No other verizon phones in my office having the same problem....

So, I called Verizon. Did every diagnostic known to man, spent over an hour on the phone. Ended up doing a factory reset (not something I was thrilled about doing). The signal came back. As I spent two hours trying to get my phone back to how it was, then noticed that the signal kept dropping. I think this phone is done and will request a replacement. Very frustrating. I have spent a ton of time on this. Does anyone know if Verizon will be able to swap me to a different device? My first problem on this phone started in November after having the phone for just one day then was given a replacement. For the most part, it has been a decent phone, but it has had way too many problems for me to deal with (all documented in my posts so someone doesn't accuse me of just wanting a different phone). HTC was once at the top of their game, but I am afraid I won't be going with them again on any phone purchase.

Upvote 0
Had the same thing happen. Went to Verizon they swapped out the SIM card and I have been problem free ever since.

So I just went into Verizon and asked about switching SIM cards and they said that wouldn't fix the problem. They said it was something in the area (Chicagoland) and Verizon was working on fixing the 4G network.

I'm just wondering whether or not they just didn't want to give me a new SIM card. . .

Upvote 0
So I just went into Verizon and asked about switching SIM cards and they said that wouldn't fix the problem. They said it was something in the area (Chicagoland) and Verizon was working on fixing the 4G network.

I'm just wondering whether or not they just didn't want to give me a new SIM card. . .

I'm in LA and been having this same problem for about two weeks now. I don't think it's just a problem local to that area but maybe just Rezound.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones