• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root No Data Connection - help needed

joelshort

Dec 1, 2010
I've been using my Ally for about 2 years now. It is rooted and running Velocity 1.2.2 Just in the last few days the mobile data connection has stopped working. WIFI works fine and voice works fine. The mobile data connection WAS working fine with this ROM, but just to test I did a nandroid restore of a previous ROM version that was working fine, and the mobile data connection did not work with the old ROM either. So something appears to be wrong with the phone itself.

I have no idea where to start troubleshooting. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately the phone did not restore radio contact. Looks like the data connection is fried. I've read other places that this might be the first sign of a total system meltdown. I've noticed that the phone seems to be slightly warmer than before and the battery seems to be used up faster, although that could be the result of a new ROM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones