• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No flash on jellybean?

tibicar

Jun 30, 2012
Just been watching a review on the nexus 7 on youtube and he said that 4.1 has no flash, I'm so glad I haven't bought it yet. The only reason I was going for an android tablet not an apple one was the flash. How do you get around this? On the review he couldn't go on I-player on the web and couldn't find I-player in the store either. Surely Android have just lost the one advantage over Apple!!

flash is dead

poison_apple.png

Upvote 0
"Flash is dead."

Tell that to Amazon, which still uses Flash for Prime video streaming.

I side loaded Flash to my Nexus 7, then installed Dolphin browser and was able to watch Prime videos... until I foolishly allowed Dolphin to update to the latest version which disables Flash support. Grr.

Whatever happened to freedom of choice? Let the customers decide when Flash is dead.

Upvote 0
There are still browsers that will support Flash. Although, as was said, Dolphin HD has already dropped it in JB.

I have the xScope Pro browser and one of their explicit updates a few weeks ago ADDED Flash side-load support for JB users, so there are still going to be some browsers that will support it.

xScope Link

Nifty! Thanks for the tip.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones