• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Option To Sync Gmail Calendar

dosparks

Lurker
Oct 11, 2010
Hi everyone, I just switched from the blackberry over to an Incredible and so far am loving it other than this one issue. My brother and I got our Dinc's a couple of days ago from the Verizon store.

My problem is that when I go to Accounts & Sync > google > I have no option to sync my calendar. I have logged into it on the computer to check for any settings that might not allow it and don't see any. The gmail account was a new one which the person at Verizon had me set up for the phone. She also got my brother set up the same way and his phone does have the option to sync with the calendar.

Also when I go to my calendar application > calendars > there is no option for the gmail calendar there either. Also no calendars are listed under add calendars.

I talked to the mobile guys at work (Best Buy) today and they had never seen this before on an Android phone. When searching the forums I came across a somewhat similar problem that someone had but they actually had the incorrect calendar selected.

Thanks for any help or advice. Let me know if I can provide any other info.

Reactions: cewatson
Your Google calendar is always syncing if you have a Google account set up on your phone. When you go to Accounts & Sync, press on your Google account and see if the calendar checkbox is selected. If not, check it.

Then you should be able to add a widget for the native calendar or another calendar app from the market. For the native app, press menu > More > Calendars, then Menu > Add Calendar. If it doesn't work for some reason with the native app, try another like Smooth Calendar from the market.

Upvote 0
Maybe I wasn't clear enough, under accounts and sync, then google account there isn't even an option for google calendar. It only has the two option of sync contacts (which also isn't working even though its selected) and sync Gmail.

In the calendar under menu > More > Calendars, then Menu > Add Calendar there is not option for the gmail calendar. No calendars are listed. The calendars I have selected are facebook and pc sync and the gmail account does not appear like it does on the other android phones I have seen.

Upvote 0
Wow, that is interesting. Have you tried to add an event to your online Google calendar? Maybe if it's viewing the calendar as empty, it doesn't bring it up as an available item to sync? That said though, I've never heard of this before and I don't think I had any Google calendar events prior to owning this phone. Just a random idea to try.

Couple other thoughts:
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > All

In addition to the Calendar app, do you have 2 apps called "Calendar Storage" and "Calendar Sync Adapter"?

And finally, can you post your phone's software info from Settings > About Phone > Software Information?

Upvote 0
I know that this is an older post and the OP has already had the opportunity resolved, but after experiencing the same issue on my wife's DInc and finding this post useful I thought I'd list another option to correct to help others searching this topic.

The simple answer that worked for me was to add another gmail account to the phone. I added an existing account (or you can create another) to Settings -> Accounts & sync -> Add Account -> Google. When the phone pulls the info from the second account during this process by checking the Google servers, it also reviews and recognizes the fact that the primary account has Calendars and adds it to the phone. Double check this after adding the second account then delete the second account (unless, of course, you do want multiple accounts on your phone which is supported). No factory reset needed.

FYI - I've had my DInc since release date and had no issue with this. My wife's was purchased a week ago and did. Strange.

Reactions: isaidself
Upvote 0
I'm having this problem, too. I had to do a factory reset for other reasons, and when I added my google account, it will no longer give me the option to sync my calendar. However, it gives me the option to do so with my second gmail calendar.

I'm probably going to take it by a Verizon store today, but if someone can help me with it I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Upvote 0
It took me two hours to find your help. I greatly appreciate to lead me in the right direction. My calendar was not syncing and did not show up in the account and data sync section with "google calendar" as a sync option. At first I tried your solution to add the secondary account (gmail) but it didn't work so I removed it. I didn't want to reset my phone, so what happen was when I add the secondary account I was using my "wifi" connection to add it. So last try I did was turn off wifi and connect to a 4g signal and then add the second account which (worked like charm) the new account force the primary account to have the "google calendar" sync options now. Finally I removed secondary account and my wife is finally able to use this phone now with her calendar. Happy New Years!

Upvote 0
I have added a second gmail account and any app calendar .. jorte, business Calendar, Calendar doesn't works.

On the other hand. I cannot install simples calendars (Installation Error).

I have Sony Ericsson xperia with android 2.3.3

Thanks.

Revoluciona.

Hi,

Just to confirm what you are saying. I too have android 2.3.3 "Gingerbread". And It seems the default Calendar Management Module is broken!

With the default Android Calendar I cannot create a Calendar, I cannot sync to a Google calendar, or even add an entry to the calendar when I open the app (because none are created)

I tried using Fliq calendar. Which seems to be an exact copy of the Default Android Calendar. That program allows me to create local Calendars on the android device. But still no options to sync with Google calendar!

I'm running an unoffical Eximus 7" Android 2.33 Gingerbread Tablet. And I'm not sure if either there is no Calendar Sync Management provided or its simply broken!

Its probably missing the GoogleCalendar Sync apk.
If anyone has any ideas as how to fix this please reply!

Regards
Aubrey

Upvote 0
Well, six years after the last post here and I find myself in the same spot! No Google Calendar sync option, simply the Android refused to see a calendar option in Gmail no matter what I do! Adding a new Gmail did nothing, in fact the new gmail lost the calendar option. Deleting both gmails and adding the new one only, allowed a calendar option, then adding back my original gmail account, both accounts lost the calendar sync option! I do not want to hard reset my device yet! Anyone has a solution, please?

UPDATE:
I just found out that running "Google Calendar" app (download from Google Play) on my Huawei synced the "hidden" google calendar (look into the apps settings and calendars on the top left hand corner. Running this app forced a calendar sync and all my events are now visible and the Calendar Sync option in the Gmail account in the Users & Accounts section of Settings is now visible again.

I hope someone out there finds this helpful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones