• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No screen lock

G

godlovingman

I have a screen lock/pin but my Google account doesn't recognize it's on even after 8+ hours. Normal or something wrong with the phone or what possibly? Just wondering before I get another phone hopefully this week don't want the same issue on an new phone.

If your screen lock attempts are not working than the only thing to do is a hard reset. You will have to boot into recovery and do a factory reset from there. Keep in mind this will trip FRP. and you will need to enter you google account info originally used when the phone was first setup.
Screen lock works my Google account doesn't recognize it's on.

Upvote 0
I'll confess that I never click "manage account" unless I have something to change, so wouldn't know whether Google are displaying the right information there.

Seriously though, is it bugging you with messages about security problems? I'd be surprised because people can choose not to set a screen lock. But if it isn't, do you particularly care if it's showing the wrong information? From a practical point of view what matters is that you actually do have a screen lock set, what it says there doesn't make any difference to anything (unless, as noted, Google nag you about it).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'll confess that I never click "manage account" unless I have something to change, so wouldn't know whether Google are displaying the right information there.

Seriously though, is it bugging you with messages about security problems? I'd be surprised because people can choose not to set a screen lock. But if it isn't, do you particularly care if it's showing the wrong information? From a practical point of view what matters is that you actually do have a screen lock set, what it says there doesn't make any difference to anything (unless, as noted, Google nag you about it).
I was just wondering if it's normal or not I don't remember it being like this when I was still running 6.0. But I really don't see the point of a screen lock if know will ever have access to your phone why do you need a screen lock. Only way it'll add security is if you ever lose your phone.

Upvote 0
Exactly: the purpose of the screen lock is to keep unwelcome people out of the phone. Though it might also help reduce unwanted "pocket dialing", rearranging of desktops, etc should your screen get woken with the phone in the pocket (it's easy for a notification to wake the screen) - though a flip case will prevent that more effectively.

But then how can you be sure you won't ever lose your phone, or have it stolen, or have a "friend" mess with it if you leave it on the table and go to another room?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Exactly: the purpose of the screen lock is to keep unwelcome people out of the phone. Though it might also help reduce unwanted "pocket dialing", rearranging of desktops, etc should your screen get woken with the phone in the pocket (it's easy for a notification to wake the screen) - though a flip case will prevent that more effectively.

But then how can you be sure you won't ever lose your phone, or have it stolen, or have a "friend" mess with it if you leave it on the table and go to another room?
I live alone and I always have my phone on my side in a case I pretty much work and home I don't go to friends home's enough to worry about it.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones