• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

no service due to none payment but getting internet

demarsjcd

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
So I haven't paid my bill yet however I'm posting this thread right now from my phone that is not letting me call or text. Have any of you experienced this? I'm not complaining but seems a bit odd lol. I can access everything from the internet to YouTube to the market.

This happened to me the first 2 months I had this phone, since I don't get paid till a week after the bill is due. But the last time it happened my internet was cut off, but I could receive text messages. I couldn't send but at least I had a pager lol
Something similar happened to my roommate a while ago, he had sprint, didn't pay his bill, and could actually still receive calls

Upvote 0
So I haven't paid my bill yet however I'm posting this thread right now from my phone that is not letting me call or text. Have any of you experienced this? I'm not complaining but seems a bit odd lol. I can access everything from the internet to YouTube to the market.

Once a 4G phone is active even with a payment suspension on your account you will have data access till your disconnected.

Reactions: nuttmeg
Upvote 0
This is almost like when ur phone is cut due to no payment u can still recieve txts but cant make any,hmmm i wonder without metro's service could u still use google voice over wifi? Lol

You can always use anything over wifi as it's not regulated. In the past I've used a VoIP program to make calls over wifi between the cut off date and when I could make the payment. Only downside is the program plays the audio through the outside speaker instead of the earpiece so whatever calls I make I gotta be alone lol

P.S. typically your service won't be cut off until the close of business (~5 PM) on the due date of your payment.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
With contract carriers there is usually at least a 1-month window for you to make a payment. If you bill is due BY Jan. 1st, they will usually give you until February 1st to pay it because of possible late payments but it will go against you towards you not paying bills on time so it could affect your best "Upgrade Price" date. This would mean that yoru second bill is due BY Feb. 1st and if they do not recieve either bill by then, it means that you are now behind by 2 bills indicating to them that you may not be intending to pay either one. I have seen 2 and a half months late and no "Account Suspension" before.

Upvote 0

P.S. typically your service won't be cut off until the close of business (~5 PM) on the due date of your payment.

hmmmm, i always get until at least midnight(i'm ET zone)...

or,

is it that the date they tell us to pay by is a day earlier on purpose?
Because when you go into Billing area nothing is reported as due / balance for present/next month is still at zero for another day at least....

fyi partial payment works in avoiding shut off...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones