• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No status bar

BTJKMD

Lurker
May 5, 2022
I have a JP5s tablet running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and my status bar isn't showing on any screen. What can I do to get it back? It was there up until week or so ago before I started checking out files and things in the back. All of which I know next to nothing about. I am, however, ready and willing to learn more about how these things operate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I have a JP5s tablet running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and my status bar isn't showing on any screen. What can I do to get it back? It was there up until week or so ago before I started checking out files and things in the back. All of which I know next to nothing about. I am, however, ready and willing to learn more about how these things operate. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
status bar? what do you mean by this? where would you normally see this? up on top where you notifications are? on your home screen?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

That's one of those Jpay prison tablets isn't it? I've never seen one of course, but I believe they're very locked down, and it's only really Jpay can do anything with them. But have you tried just restarting the device?

Upvote 0
Thanks for responding. And yes, it is a tablet issued to those inside of the walls and fences. I really don't know a whole lot about these things but I have learned a little. There are guys on the inside who ‘'jail break'' these tablets and can function just like a normal device. Kind of. They do have their limits I suppose I can access the internet and do all kinds of stuff . The status bar runs along the top of the screen and displays info such as the time, date, name of individual assigned to tablet, as well as info like WiFi status, battery percentage and things like that. I must have clicked on the wrong file or somehow made a change somewhere within the system because one day when I turned the device on, that status bar was just not showing up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones