• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No U.S. release...eBay a U.K. device?

andoird213

Android Expert
Oct 30, 2011
Hi, I'm brand new to the forums so if I'm not posting this question correctly, I apologize in advance!

This upcoming holiday season, I'm planning on getting myself a brand new Galaxy Nexus and am also in the market for a tablet. So I've decided that a GTab would be the best option for me, only problem is there's so many of 'em! My frontrunner at the moment is the 7.7 as opposed to the 7.0 Plus mainly because of it's better screen (I mean looking at a Super AMOLED all day on the GNex and then comin' home to a tab with a lesser screen doesn't sound too great!). The only problem is, the 7.7 doesn't appear that it'll be making an appearance in the U.S. I was wondering if there are any downsides to buying the U.K. version of the tablet off eBay and (me, I'm full U.S. lol) using it. Also if there aren't any downsides, do you recommend the 7.0 Plus over the 7.7 for reasons like updates, support, or simply the device for any reason? Would me using it in the U.S. affect any of these things?

Thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones