"NO" Voicemail NotificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi EVO'rs,

Can someone help me why I'm not recieving voicemail notification as well voicemail icon on the task bar. I just checked cause my mom had left me a message sunday and she told me today and I told her I didn't get it?

But when I checked my voicemail I had over 10 voice messages but never gotten a notification. Is there something wrong with my phone? Or are the settings off? just tested and left message and all i got was a missed call? :confused:

Thanks,

Advertisement
  2. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I would call Sprint Tech Support. They will probably walk you through some sort of reset or reprovisioning. However any chance that you are using Google Voice or Fusion or one of the other Visual Voicemail systems? Have you dialed *28 and talk at any point? Hmm actually then they wouldn't be on Sprint's System so I doubt that is it. It seems your phone will just not download the Voicemail and notify you. Definitely Call Sprint

Eric-VTX likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Are you using a task killer and killing the voicemail app?

4. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

^^^ This is also a huge possibility

5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

Did you check your voicemail settings?

Click on Visual Voicemail app>Menu Button>Settings>Notifications>Click Radial Button on top Notifications (Display message notifications in status bar).

Hope that helps.

6. Eric-VTX

Eric-VTX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks! called sprint like you suggested and had to reset phone and all back to normal...She mention that I have to be careful with what apps I download cause they could cause this kind of issue. She did mention NOT to run a task killer either...Thanks everyone for your support! I guess back to customize...:D

7. GaryJohnSr

GaryJohnSr New Member

I had the same problem, and didn't even think of checking the visual v-mail settings. That did it!

Thanks.

8. kenhasty

kenhasty New Member

I stumbled over settings/call/clear voicemail notifications. Yep, that simple. Go figure!