• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No WIFI on Flytouch 3 tablet

ferryf

Lurker
May 11, 2011
received my Fly Touch 3 today, unfortunately WIFI is not working.

When I activate WIFI it will scan for networks for about 90 seconds, after that I get an error message: unable to scan for networks.

Does someone know a solution?

Android version: Android 2.2-20110316

I'm having the same problem with the wifi. I installed the updates to the firm which changed the view of the screen (kinda cool) but my wifi only works when I'm in the same room. I even upgraded my wireless router to the DLink 655 dualband gigabit thinking it would help.... and my signal still drops out / disconnects. My screen works fine and I don't need much pressure to make it respond; it is better than I thought the screen would be after reading several complaints. I just lightly tap my finger or slide to make it do what it do...Except for the wifi.

Upvote 0
Hi,
I have the same issue, did anyone stumble upon a fix, my flytouch 3 doesnt work with wifi either. Please help.

Thanks

Check the wifi on/off switch on the top of the tablet if it can't find any networks, if it can see the available networks but can't connect try removing the encryption to see if that is the problem. Try setting your router to a different channel number. Also try placing your tablet right next to your router...some FT3's apparently leave the factory without a wifi antenna fitted

Upvote 0
I got my Flytouch 3 from alibaba.com and shipping was quite fast. I thought I had aWifi problem but after working with it found on Wifi sttings that it found my home network and then had to input the network key to get on the internet. It seems a bit slow, but price was only $150 plus shipping so that was good. It seems to be all that is advertised. Manul does not have great information, just have to play a bit to figure things out. I downloaded a couple apps and it seems they continue to run unless you manually stop them, so beware of that. I still do not know where to get access to the TF card that came with it and how you access any USB flash you connect to use that data. if someone can tell me that would be nice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones