• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

No wonder i'm a android fan

Just hope that the newest update is still compatible with your iDevice. I had an iphone 3G (right after the iphone 4 was released) and purchased a good deal of apps for it (~$50 worth) and before I was fully settled into Android I decided to plug it in to my notebook and update all of my apps. All but 1 of my paid apps updated to a version no longer compatible with my device. Those apps are gone for me now with, to the best of my knowledge, no way to use them again. No warning, no message that this was going to happen or even a message that it did happen. I realized they were gone and went into the app store on my device and they'd start to download and install and then vanish, no message nothing.

I had to go into itunes with my device plugged into my computer, then and only then did it tell me it wasn't compatible.

If I understand you correctly, I had the same problem with Pages. I forget which iOS version was to blame, but Apple updated Pages and the new version of Pages was not compatible with the older iOS version I was using.

So I opened iTunes, deleted Pages and deleted the program from my iPad. Then I went to the iTunes folder, found the previous version of Pages and simply double-clicked the old version. After a Sync, Pages worked just fine.

Not sure that is a problem unique to iDevices and iTunes. My old Norton Desktop for Windows will not run under Win 7. Not a Norton or Windows issue, just old software that cant possibly run under newer operating systems.

Upvote 0
Not sure that is a problem unique to iDevices and iTunes. My old Norton Desktop for Windows will not run under Win 7. Not a Norton or Windows issue, just old software that cant possibly run under newer operating systems.
What happened with me would be like buying Nortin for WinXP and then Win7 is released and you get a notice there is an update for Norton, you accept the update and now Norton no longer functions on WinXP with no way to revert. Even though you purchased something for WinXP it was upgraded to Win7. Except this happens with almost every program you purchased all at once with no warning.

Just as an aside, I went into my C:\Users\My Login\My Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications\ and I see only one version of the app. I don't see how to use a previous version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones