• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Non app way to disable camera shutter?

sorry - just realized this thread is 'non-app' way to mute

i just tried an app- camera360 - and you can mute sound via this app and take pictures quietly - don't want to wake anyone. it did give a bit of a vibration but i was able to unselect sound and vibration from the sound settings and it got rid of this vibration.

Reactions: jamoosh
Upvote 0
It might be easier to just open up the sound files, silence them with audacity or audition, then put them back in and compile the apk rather than replacing them.

EDIT: Okay, I did that. It works on mine just great, but you may have to personally sign it. I'm not sure. And I had to uninstall the stock camera app, then install this one. All the noises are silenced though, so that's a plus :D

hi i'm new but i tryed to re-add the first three camera shutter sounds and leave the rest as duds but when i put it back . it does not install and camera app crashes. help please.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones