non mobile browser?

1. toker11

toker11 Well-Known Member

is there a setting or hack that will make websites think im on an actual computer versus knowing that im on a mobile phone?

Advertisement
  2. gmenfan83

gmenfan83 Well-Known Member

If you use dolphin just go to settings and change the user agent to desktop
  3. eraursls1984

eraursls1984 Well-Known Member

In the stock browser there is a command you can type, I know you have to redo it ever time you open it though, dolphin hd has a switch that allows you to change it when you want and keeps your settings until you change them. Opera has the ability to change to desktop mode too, but you have to do it for every window and every new website, its a pain this is the biggest reason I use dolphin.
  4. toker11

toker11 Well-Known Member

dang that was fast! thanks guys. i knew i had seen it somewhere just couldnt find it
  5. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

we aim to please. service is our business. ;)
  6. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

so steven is saying he likes to service people? rofl just messin with ya man, take no real offense to that

I have dolphin and keep that set on desktop mode and use it for sites i know dont work well with mobile versions
    I use my regular browser for sites i know do work well on mobile versions because they generally load faster and are easier to read.
    Steven58 likes this.
  7. Greavous

Greavous Well-Known Member

No, he just likes servicing his phone. Every launcher, every ROM, every .apk tweek....

Try out xScope, it gives you the option to view all websites as normal. There is a free version. Also lets you zoom with only one finger.
  8. darkcyber

darkcyber Well-Known Member

I think that command in the stock browser is about:debug or debug:about typed in the URL bar. I am mobile right now and can't check it. Dolphin does work on some sites but I have it does not on a lot also.