• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not deleting emails off server

futura65

Lurker
Dec 28, 2009
Hello,
So I've had the htc hero for a while now and have it pulling email from my domains POP. I have the option selected to "delete mail from server" however, it doesn't. As a result at some point, the inbox on the server get past it's quota and starts bouncing emails back to folks. Why isn't the phone communicating with the server to delete the emails? Is it because I have the Mail size limit set low so if there is an attachment to download the email remains? I would not want to have every email that comes in to my account with an attachment download that picture or whatever, which could seriously fill the phones storage. If there's a work around or something I would appreciate it.
thnx

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones