Not doing something right

Last Updated:

1. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to root via the 1-Click Root app. I downloaded KaosFroyo v.36 and placed it in the root directory (via USB/mount) on my sd card. When I went back to the Amons Recovery menu, I performed a Nand Backup. Then I went back to the main menu and flashed Kaos zip. It copied all of the files and everything appeared to be fine. It wet into reboot. After 30 minutes of continuous boot mode, I finally removed the battery and restored via Nandroid.

What I am doing wrong? Do I need to wipe? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

Advertisement
  2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

Yes, you need to do the wipes before flashing a new ROM or you will see exactly the behavior that you currently are.

For sure, you need to do a 'Wipe data/factory reset' and it won't hurt to also do a 'Wipe Dalvik-cache' too.

As aways, be sure you've got a good, full charge on your phone and have a Nandroid backup to fall back to if needed.

Good luck!

knitpurlgurl likes this.
  3. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks!!!! I came across this video tutorial from The UnLockr and I felt more confident that I'd be wiping the right thing! LOL!!!

I'm now running KaosFroyo!!!!!!!! :D

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

lol - I have to say it - you go gurl! :)

Congrats!

knitpurlgurl likes this.
  5. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you are already on the correct track; if you want further familiarity with using Amon_RA, this AF post has a step-by-step with lots of pictures.

Sounds like you've got the essentials mastered - congrats.

eu1

knitpurlgurl likes this.