• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Not doing something right

knitpurlgurl

Android Enthusiast
Jan 21, 2010
www.knitpurlgurl.com
I was able to root via the 1-Click Root app. I downloaded KaosFroyo v.36 and placed it in the root directory (via USB/mount) on my sd card. When I went back to the Amons Recovery menu, I performed a Nand Backup. Then I went back to the main menu and flashed Kaos zip. It copied all of the files and everything appeared to be fine. It wet into reboot. After 30 minutes of continuous boot mode, I finally removed the battery and restored via Nandroid.

What I am doing wrong? Do I need to wipe? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

I was able to root via the 1-Click Root app. I downloaded KaosFroyo v.36 and placed it in the root directory (via USB/mount) on my sd card. When I went back to the Amons Recovery menu, I performed a Nand Backup. Then I went back to the main menu and flashed Kaos zip. It copied all of the files and everything appeared to be fine. It wet into reboot. After 30 minutes of continuous boot mode, I finally removed the battery and restored via Nandroid.

What I am doing wrong? Do I need to wipe? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!! :)

Yes, you need to do the wipes before flashing a new ROM or you will see exactly the behavior that you currently are.

For sure, you need to do a 'Wipe data/factory reset' and it won't hurt to also do a 'Wipe Dalvik-cache' too.

As aways, be sure you've got a good, full charge on your phone and have a Nandroid backup to fall back to if needed.

Good luck!

Reactions: knitpurlgurl
Upvote 0
Yes, you need to do the wipes before flashing a new ROM or you will see exactly the behavior that you currently are.

For sure, you need to do a 'Wipe data/factory reset' and it won't hurt to also do a 'Wipe Dalvik-cache' too.

As aways, be sure you've got a good, full charge on your phone and have a Nandroid backup to fall back to if needed.

Good luck!

Thanks!!!! I came across this video tutorial from The UnLockr and I felt more confident that I'd be wiping the right thing! LOL!!!

I'm now running KaosFroyo!!!!!!!! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones