Not getting email. 2.1Support

Last Updated: 2010-06-03 19:53:40
  1. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

Pretty much ever since I flashed over to 2.1 I don't receive any of my emails anymore. The only ones I do get are my work ones and that's connected directly to the Exchange server. I have a total of 4 emails being sent to my phone, My gmail, Hotmail, and 2 from my website exile-designs.com. I have the settings to check every 15 minutes but I never get any. Anyone have any idea's on this? I know the settings are right for sure on my Hotmail because I can pull that one up and see my old email's sitting in my inbox. The other 3 accounts should all be fine as well.

Advertisement
  2. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Active Member

All that I had to do is to go in to "settings" then "about phone" and "system updates" and update my profile and then prl. Hope this helps. :)
  3. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Confirm Menu > Settings > Data synchronization > Background data is enabled.
  4. SoulTerror

I rebooted my phone and it helped some today, but I'm still not getting all my emails. Even before I swapped to 2.1 the amount of emails I was getting was getting smaller and smaller. I hope this isn't going to be a problem, because I like my Moment, but I need emails for my job.
  5. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a network issue... but that wouldn't explain the sudden change that aligned with your change in software. Have you tried K-9?
  6. SoulTerror

What's K-9? Maybe it is possible a network issue. My BB Curve was starting to act similar before I upgraded to my Moment.
  7. SteveO_148

SteveO_148 Active Member

What are you using for email, Gmail app, regular email app, or work mail app?

I only use gmail because it worked much better than the regular email app on the moment. In my gmail account, I have it set to sync with my cox mail account, so with in seconds it pulls an email into my gmail and sends to my phone. You can have it pull in up to 5 email accounts. It labels each email from different accounts. Also, I have it set to reply with the address from my cox account. It works really well...in other words seemless.
  8. SoulTerror

I use all three. I never even had a gmail account till getting my Moment, so pretty much nothing goes to it. I use the work email for connecting to my works email, and then I use the regular email app to pull my other three accounts.
  9. vikesfanjay

vikesfanjay New Member

SoulTerror, were you ever able to figure this out? I am haing the same problem. I have msn, gmail and hotmail accounts. They used to update fine, I swapped over to 2.1 and it had seemed to work okay for a while, now it updates every 4th day or so. I am hoping you had some luck finding an answer. Thanks!
  10. Jeebus

Jeebus Member

click menu
    click settings
    click accounts & sync settings
    " background data " should be ON
    " Auto-sync " should be ON
    then lower, under accounts click an email account
    look for syncing options

then in the slider tray look for the email icons there and look under options for the same stuff.
    some of the syncing is in 1 spot and some in the other.