• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not getting phone calls..help!

ewoody1

Lurker
Dec 22, 2011
I'm new to this, so I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue or if it has been addressed.

But, I'm not receiving a lot of phone calls. The calls aren't coming through while I'm on the web browser or Facebook. I'm not sure if any other apps are effecting it, but I'm certain those two are. It's driving me crazy. I shouldn't have to stay off of these apps in order to receive my calls. Plus, people always think I'm ignoring them! :)

Does anyone know what's going on? If so, know how to fix it?

I have experienced this same problem ever since 2.2. Now I am running on Ei20 (i think that's the name of it). In case that's wrong I am sure that it is 2.3.5. But the only solution I had back in 2.2 (froyo) was updating the roaming list thing. You can do it by dialing *228 but do it when you are not roaming. (do it when in US CELLULAR coverage area) I was told it might help, by tech support, with the signal and the missed calls. It did help back with froyo but now with GB it didn't. Now I am trying to find a new solution. I have realized that this occurs when you are engaged in a constant internet connection. As the OP stated, it isn't right that we should sacrifice the use of apps in order to make sure we get calls. It's just pointless. If I do not find a solution I may flash the 2.3.4 firmware because I don't recall this being a big issue with my last phone that I had rooted with that firmware. Hopefully there is a solution with EI20 because only reason I haven't bothered to go back to a rooted 2.3.4 is the neat blue color that appears when you reach the end of the scrolling area (off-topic I know and I am sorry) lol.

Upvote 0
The software: EC10

I'm going to update the software to GB, I just haven't got around to it yet.

I never run my wifi. I'm just always on 3G.

I actually just had someone call me and the call didn't ring through the first time. I wasn't in any apps, but Facebook was listed in my task manager as a running app.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones