• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Not receiving MMS messages correctly, only showing a "download" button that does nothing

So as stated above I have recently received messages from separate people that I assume were MMS messages. Messages such as video or pictures. I've had this happen in the past, but seemingly corrected itself. But is now occurring again months later. I currently use Handcent SMS as my default texting , but it does show in both the stock message built into the phone and on the handcent sms as a "download" button. I press the DOWNLOAD button and it begins to say downloading, however it doesn't eventually do anything but go back to a download button.

I have read through others threads on here with some people have had similar problems, and have somewhat correlated with a group message coming from iPhone users. However in my case, I know that the messages have not come from an iPhone user or as a group message. I have attempted to force shut both messaging applications, and restart the phone. However this has been corrected the problem either.

Does anyone out there have any information at all in regards to this, or a fix? Thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones