• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Not receiving pictures sent to me from Android users

Risley

Nov 18, 2012
I'm using the default texting app on my Note 3 and when Android users send me a pic in a text (MMS) this is what I see. They are able to email them to me fine but not send as a text...

Attachments

• 2014-05-14 14.03.50.jpg
    2014-05-14 14.03.50.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 38
in the Messaging app, go to Settings and scroll down to Multimedia message (MMS) settings. In this section, make sure the option Auto-retrieve is not selected. Post back if Dont work

My carrier is AT&T, my Note 3 is not rooted and I am using the default app NOT any after installed text app. Auto retrieve is checked, won't unchecking that make me NOT get MMS messages?

The first problem I had was sending & receiving iMessages from iPhone users but that was fixed and is working fine, just can't receive pics from Android users now

Upvote 0
Update,
Just seconds after my last reply to you I received a text from my sister who uses Android and she sent a pic and I got it just fine.

I've made NO changes to any settings yet and auto retrieve MMS is still check marked.

Update 2,
Got another text from a different android user and did not receive their text with a picture, just the blank !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones