• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Note 2 impractical and too big:(

Whenever I read jean pockets being too small I ask myself what kind of jeans are people wearing. I saw a few YouTube reviews in which the guys would stick the Note 2 in their pockets to show its doable yet, for lack of a better word, the phone looked weird in their pocket.

All my jeans have deep wide pockets. I never have to worry about my phone sliding out of it. Now what makes me cringe is when I see people with their phones in their back pocket. Phones weren't made to support our behinds.

It's not that they are like super small pockets. I mean the phone fits in the pocket I can just feel the phone in there lol

Upvote 0
Whenever I read jean pockets being too small I ask myself what kind of jeans are people wearing. I saw a few YouTube reviews in which the guys would stick the Note 2 in their pockets to show its doable yet, for lack of a better word, the phone looked weird in their pocket.

All my jeans have deep wide pockets. I never have to worry about my phone sliding out of it. Now what makes me cringe is when I see people with their phones in their back pocket. Phones weren't made to support our behinds.
Anyone who puts such an expensive phone in their back pocket is (IMHO) in line for the equivalent of a Darwin Award.

Upvote 0
I will never again own a phone smaller than my GN2. If apple would step up to a 5.5" display I'd go with it. The GN2 is the first phone I've owned that almost has allowed me to ditch my laptop. I use my laptop very little now that I have the GN2. I'm not sure I want a 5.8" or 6.3" GN3 but I'd definitely give it a try.

Upvote 0
Hi, I just thought I would let everyone who has tried to help that I phoned the repair center today.
They have told me the water damage has gone through to the board & it is now unrepairable.. I asked if there was any way to fix it & they said it wouldn't be 'valuable for them' or something along those lines, for them to fix.
I understand it's my own fault & also that these 'handset's are not ours' until our contract ends.
But still... Its

Upvote 0
Hopefully I can ( God willingly) get out of this situation & also hope its not expensive.
I am trying to rectify the situation. I agree miss diva about the phone & contract etc. I get that & did say that we only own phone after the contract has ended or once we've paid. But for some phone's like my GN2, it is only worth

Upvote 0
I have found that while traveling, the Note is a very credible replacement for my Nexus. I can read books, watch hours of videos and so on. I'm also a big fan of the stylus (the main selling point for me) and the screen is very comfortable to read small text on compared to my previous iPhone. I don't think its impractical as it fits in my jeans quite nicely, and is quite comfortable to hold even with one hand (despite my small hands.) All in all, a great phone for the features, ease of use and customization.

Upvote 0
I guess at this point saving money is a moot point considering the phone isn't repairable.
Since you're still locked into your plan the only question now is what phone will you get next?
I didnt think anybody would visit this thread so I didnt check back lol, sorry!
The mobile company Im with have told me gn2 is economically unrepairable, meaning its too expensive for them to fix...
Basically if they did fix it , they cant charge me for it because Im under warranty. But now Im been told warranty is affected because its water damage... so in that regard money saving is a moot point I guess - its just hard to acknowledge since it was my aim from the beginning.
Im looking at the positive, for me that's at least I still have the phone , Thank God.
Im using my old HTC desire, it doesn't work that well, even though its not that old...But it works well enough, Thank God.
:)

Hope everyone here is well and thanks ScandaLeX, nice of you to ask about which phone I would get, I wish! But if I could, I would like to get the new S4 activ or S4 Zoom phone. Both of these have been rumored, so I'm not sure if they'll even be released in the UK. Either way it will be a while until I can look at purchasing a new 1.
Im taking GN2 to a few repair places , and waiting for a call back from Samsung so hope to God, all goes well:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones