• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help note 3 sview crashing problem

E

ElkySS

I recently switched over to a note 3 from an iPhone. I have to say I really like it. The only problem that i am having right now is with sview. When i have my case open and looking at my home screen I can close the case and the sview window will show up for a few seconds. It will then "crash" for lack of a better term. I will see the sview window for a few seconds then it will go away and I see my home screen through the sview window. This will cause my phone to either reboot endlessly or it will stay lit up until my battery is dead. I called Samsung about it and they had me start up the phone in safe mode but I still had the same problems. I also did a factory reset and started over. Samsung wants me to send it to them for repair but they want 70$. Is there anything else I can try before I do that? If it matters at all I am running 4.4.4 and I have tried several different launchers. I am using the Google now one primarily. thank you for any help.

I've seen this happen before and the issue was the S View case. If the phone behaves fine with a standard case on it's probably the case itself. The $70 fee is the standard fee for smaller OOW issues with Samsung phones. If you've purchased the case within the last year it will still be under warranty and you can have them just do an exchange on the S View cover.

Upvote 0
the cased was my first thought and I guess I should have put this in the post to start with. I have a slim armor sview case and it was my first case like that. as I said I just switched over to android. So thinking it was the case I picked up a NinjaX+ case and an official Samsung sview case. all 3 have the same problem. so it sounds like it will be the OOW repair. thanks for taking a look.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones