• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Note 4 Owners are so Negative

It's the nature of the beast.
Most come to forums such as this because they are experiencing some difficulty w/their device that their local carrier store/on-line mfg customer care have not been able to help with.
So,that's to be expected,a lot of the posters are usually very frustrated by the time they get here.
Perfectly understandable,considering the cost/contractual commitment to the devices.

I'd recommend checking into the lounge section on occasion:
http://androidforums.com/forums/the-lounge.2/

You're likely to bump into some of the people you've come across in the device forums & perhaps get a glimpse of their true selves,not stressed out over whatever ails their device(s).

Upvote 0
I have a rooted/ROMMED Note4,running a TouchWiz 4.4.4 based ROM & have no intention on "upgrading" the ROM,until the Developer puts his touches on it.
On the other hand,my HTC One M9 is running Lollipop 5.0.2 quite nicely,hiccup-free & no apparent "where the H*** did that feature go/etc".....
Might take a while for all the bugs w/Lollipop & the Note4 to be ironed out,prolly see the Note5 around that same time,a device no doubt will be more suited for Lollipop & future iterations of Android.

Upvote 0
I carry my Note 4 proudly. I don't post a lot because it just runs good, before and after lollipop. The only thing I hate about this phone is how Verizon polluted it was bloatware. If Samsung decides to bake the Note 5 without a removable battery and no MicroSD slot like they did with the s6, I will just keep my Note 4 long period. It is a great phone.

Upvote 0
Reactions: The_Chief and KOLIO
Upvote 0
I suppose people who are happy with the phone do not come online to praise it. Only those with problems (whatever the source of it) come around to seek solutions and do a little rant in the same time. Also, given flagships are supplied in very
large quantities, making even tiny percentage of users unhappy will constitute to quite a few posts.

Personally I can't complain. After the lollipop upgrade everything works better than before, even battery on par with my OnePlusOne, and that phone can hold its charge. There is literally one, single problem I have with the update. Samsung removed Recording Modes (video) from Camera Settings and place them as separate modes. The Slow Motion mode produce very low quality video, unlike prior to the upgrade. No big deal tho, I record in UHD and then do the Slow Motion in Final Cut on my Mac.

Upvote 0
I agree with SebaKL. At first I agreed that owners of this phone are negative, but then I realized that forums are a forum (pardon the pun, lol) for people to come and talk about problems, issues, and to vent mostly. Sometimes you do see praise, but the nature of the beast is to, I think, talk negatively about what's happening with their phones and to get support and vent. I'm pretty sure most of these people would not have the note 4 any more if they didn't like it that much. I think people vent more just to vent, than they do because they really hate their phone. Just my theory...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones