• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nothing in services.jar

I pulled services.jar from my phone to do some theming, and i opened it with winrar to extract the classes.dex file, but the only thing inside the services.jar was a "META-INF" folder with a "MANIFEST.MF" inside. Does anyone else find this weird?

The reason you see nothing is because the file is compiled. The only thing you can edit in services.jar that would have to do with theming is the clock color.

I use apktool to decompile and rebuild my services.jar.

Upvote 0
The reason you see nothing is because the file is compiled. The only thing you can edit in services.jar that would have to do with theming is the clock color.

I use apktool to decompile and rebuild my services.jar.

yeah i figured that out after a few hours of toying around with it last night, i used xultimate to deodex the files, and then i pushed them back to the phone and got stuck in a boot loop :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones