• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Notification Sounds - Can they be Turned OFF?

N00b Q here: Where is the App "drawer"? I have been going to All apps > Settings > Sound > Notifications > Notification sound.

Thank you for sharing Volume Control + (from Coffeebreak Apps, right?). I'm instaling it now and will see how it works.

The app drawer is the same as All Apps. I've just always called it a drawer because it pulls open like a drawer. :)

Yup, you have the right one. Let me know how that works for you.

Upvote 0
What about going to Notification Sound - then choosing silent?

In the Wildfire S's Sound settings (Notifications) there is no "Silent" (oh, how I wish that there was!). Unless there is an option under "Get more" which links to HTC Sense, which is apparently being rebuilt or something...

With VC+, when I silence Notification the Ring gets silenced as well, which is not what I want.

Upvote 0
I do not see Personalise/Notification Sound on my Wildfire S but I have been sampling all of the available tones. Pity that the Notification sound cannot be "de-linked" from the Ringer.
Personalise is the bottom right-hand side key on the Home screen just above the Search soft key. It looks like a paintbrush and palette. You can also get to it by pressing the Menu button. It's then just above the settings key.

If you tap it is will open a menu and the Notification sound near the bottom menu is second from the bottom. You can then choose different sounds for Default, Message, Calendar and Email.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones