• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nova zooms into my wallpaper.

Zealex

Oct 13, 2012
Hello

I'm using a Verizon Galaxy S3, running CleanRom 5.5.1. I'm not sure if that information is really any help.. but I figured it wouldn't hurt to add.

Basically I'm using Nova launcher (free verison) as my default launcher. It's nice, but there is one problem. Whenever I set something up as my wallpaper, it always zooms into my wallpaper and it's very annoying. How can I stop Nova from zooming into my wallpaper? In my Nova settings, I have force portrait enabled and wallpaper scrolling off.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading,
Zealex.

Probably cropping it, not zooming. Can you find out the pixel size for the display?
Take your wallpaper and make it close to that size @ 72 dpi.

I use ADW and it has an outline of both portrait and landscape displays, and it crops to that. I usually get 95% of my photos in as I shrink them a bit anyway. I have a Nexus S and it only has a 5MP camera - so did my Nokia C6.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
I'm having the same problem. Been using Nova since August without issues of any kind; always worked flawlessly.
This issue with wallpapers started with the most recent update, a week or so ago.
Prior to this update, whenever I set a wallpaper, I always clicked through the crop dialogs, never had to do any cropping for wallpapers to display properly. Now, like the OP, wallpapers are displayed as if zoomed in.
I emailed the developer, and he responded, asked for more info.
I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Upvote 0
I found the fix!

Basically while in Nova on the home screen click your menu button. (Left of the home button on the Galaxy S3). When the menu pops up you'll see: Wallpaper, Manage Apps, Nova Settings, System Settings. Click "wallpaper". Then it gives a list of photo apps, I use Quickpic. I navigate to the album(folder) and then picture(file). I click the picture I desire and then the Nova cropper pops up. It's the same as the gallery crop(which is what I desire since I made a picture collage the size of my screen) so it fits the whole pic in the crop. Just click ok and BAM no more zooming in :)! When I set wallpaper by going into wallpaper and using gallery to crop...it was the same crop but that way zoomed in. Have to use the Nova cropper.

Upvote 0
Hello

I'm using a Verizon Galaxy S3, running CleanRom 5.5.1. I'm not sure if that information is really any help.. but I figured it wouldn't hurt to add.

Basically I'm using Nova launcher (free verison) as my default launcher. It's nice, but there is one problem. Whenever I set something up as my wallpaper, it always zooms into my wallpaper and it's very annoying. How can I stop Nova from zooming into my wallpaper? In my Nova settings, I have force portrait enabled and wallpaper scrolling off.

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading,
Zealex.
Use this fam

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-19-17-24-16.png
    Screenshot_2017-05-19-17-24-16.png
    81 KB · Views: 1,529
Upvote 0
Hello

Any ideas?

Thanks for reading,
Zealex.

Hi,
Try this one -
go to nova settings->Desktop->Wallpaper Scrolling
Set it as Force.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones