• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

nTelos MMS 1K Thumbnails on Custom ROMS (CDMA)

On whatever ROM I try, all my incoming MMS pics are resized to a small, 1K thumbnail that, of course, is pixelated beyond belief when I view it full screen. From what I can tell from searching both here and Google, it appears as though the cause of this is because the tower does not recognize what type of phone I have, so it reverts to a small, crappy image that is 'widely supported' as it begins sending down the message. I have tried using the custom user agent settings that are included within CM 6, but none of them have worked either.

I've read through most of the MMS fixes for Sprint/nTelos CDMA and none of them seem to work or address this issue.:thinking:

Does anyone know of a fix for this or perhaps know what custom string I can enter in the CM 6.1 Custom User Agent settings in Messages to correct this?

Have you tried using a different Text app, try Handcent, or Chomp SMS, see if they resize also

On whatever ROM I try, all my incoming MMS pics are resized to a small, 1K thumbnail that, of course, is pixelated beyond belief when I view it full screen. From what I can tell from searching both here and Google, it appears as though the cause of this is because the tower does not recognize what type of phone I have, so it reverts to a small, crappy image that is 'widely supported' as it begins sending down the message. I have tried using the custom user agent settings that are included within CM 6, but none of them have worked either.

I've read through most of the MMS fixes for Sprint/nTelos CDMA and none of them seem to work or address this issue.:thinking:

Does anyone know of a fix for this or perhaps know what custom string I can enter in the CM 6.1 Custom User Agent settings in Messages to correct this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones