• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Yea you can if the ESN has been added to Metro

The service programming code
Open your dialer and put this in
##626*
then put,
that will take you to the service programming menu.
If you have had an android before or are upgrading do this on your "old" phone first and copy down your MIN and SID numbers. Then on the new phone dail this hit edit and add your phone number, then your MID and then your SID. And you can add the ESN/Phone to your account online. This cuts Metro activating your phone out of the picture and no need to waste 10 bucks on them doing it.

Upvote 0
No not at all.

When I re-activated my first esteem that I fixed after bricking testing GS and CWR, I called *228 and those are actually the directions metro will give you /use when activating a phone or switching phones

Oh but you will probably have to add the other phone to your account first. Which you can do on their site within your account

Reactions: skrapmetal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones