OC'd to 1.35 GhZ meduim voltage Phone temp questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. Candroid

Candroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

according to the new OC app from (can't remember) anyways playing with the phone, angry birds, radio and browsing facebook I reached temps of 59c. How hot is to hot...?

Advertisement
  2. ekyle

ekyle Well-Known Member

138F is pretty hot. I don't know how hot is too hot, but I'd watch that :eek:

3. Candroid

I bought the droidx/2droid oc app. I guess a better question would be, how accurate is the temp gauge that it displays...?

I now have set the volatage to low and will perform the same tasks I did earlier to see if there is a difference... I'll report back.

4. Candroid

UPDATE: Same tasks as earlier and now this is 15 mins time also, both times. This time I set my OC app to low voltage 1.35 GhZ, fired up radio, surfed FB for a while and played angry birds and reached a temp of 55c! So I guess my phone, multi tasking the processor really heats her up...

I know the heat generated by my phone is expected with being overclocked and all but this hot? but is the low voltage setting for Jrummy app lower than stock volatge? , any one have any thoughts...?

5. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I'm running 1.35GHz and the warmest mine has gotten, under heavy use, was 105f. You may want to try the ultra low voltage. Keep in mind that the low and ultra low voltage are still higher than stock but lower than the other settings.

Candroid likes this.
  6. Candroid

Thx for the info. I was not sure about the voltage. I will try ultra low voltage. I did not see a difference in my linpack score from medium to low, so we will see if ultra low has any impact. Angry birds though really tax the processor, I did a few other things I normally do on my phone and it hasn't gone past 108 F.

7. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

That's the one thing about the overclock app that I do not like, the voltage labels are deceiving.

8. colchiro

colchiro Well-Known Member

I'm running 1.35 at ULV and it's stable.

At least try the "low" voltage.