• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help *Official* Atrix Problems/Issues Thread

I have had a problem with my sd card reading in the phone. I have an 8 micro sdhc card and it picked it up for a short time but isn't wanting to read it any more.. Not sure if its my card or the phone but I will be switching for another atrix to hopefully fix the problem. Other than that, not really any complaints.
People have been complaining about battery but I have been txting all day, been testing dungeon defenders, takin pictures, surfing the web, posting this, and so forth.. It has been unplugged since 7am, it is now 10 pm and my battery is still reading 30 %. I'm satisfied with that from an android phone.

Overall I'm loving the phone! ()

Upvote 0
I cant get gmail to auto update. Send emails from a yahoo account and they show up instantly using gmail on my computer. When i check my phone there are no notifications in the status bar and no new emails when i open gmail. I only see new emails when hit settings, refresh and the emails appear and yes notifications are turned on. Any help from you guys would be great!

Try opening the Market app (and/or the Talk app) and see if it has to sign you in. Flashing ROMs on the G1 used to do this sometimes, and occasionally the phone would just sign out of the Google account and need to sign back in (and later Cyanogen discovered it was something in the way he packaged the Talk application). Why it would do it on a stock phone I have no idea, unless Blur is interfering somehow...

Upvote 0
I have mixed feelings so far. I am new to android phones. I am coming from an iphone3g. Its nice to have a phone with speed but the trade offs are too many so far.

First it randomly shuts down and restarts. At least ten times today.

Secondly I cant get the phone to mount. It keeps kicking me off and unmounting me within 10 seconds of connecting to usb on my computer. When I click the USB icon at top the options are only, Motorola Phone portal, windows media sync, usb mass storage. There is no "mount" option that I keep reading about. The other three options dont work and just say unmounted.

The rest are issues like Motorola Media Link wont sync my phone. I guess due to the fact it wont mount? I dont see an app tab in the media link software. How the heck do you back up your apps?

Overall this phone has been beyond frustrating, voicemail wont set up. My *3282# wont work so I cant see how much data I have been using. I can't download apps to computer. Have to do it over att network. (no wifi at home) The camera is hideous. The 3g was way better. Everything is out of focus.

I know there is more too. I am very disappointed. Its very fast and the navigation is great. But so much else is a headache. Is it me or did I get a bum phone? If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I am thinking I will have to return it and wait for iphone5. I really wanted to like this phone.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
I have mixed feelings so far. I am new to android phones. I am coming from an iphone3g. Its nice to have a phone with speed but the trade offs are too many so far.

Secondly I cant get the phone to mount. It keeps kicking me off and unmounting me within 10 seconds of connecting to usb on my computer. When I click the USB icon at top the options are only, Motorola Phone portal, windows media sync, usb mass storage. There is no "mount" option that I keep reading about. The other three options dont work and just say unmounted.

The rest are issues like Motorola Media Link wont sync my phone. I guess due to the fact it wont mount? I dont see an app tab in the media link software. How the heck do you back up your apps?

Overall this phone has been beyond frustrating, voicemail wont set up. My *3282# wont work so I cant see how much data I have been using. I can't download apps to computer. Have to do it over att network. (no wifi at home) The camera is hideous. The 3g was way better. Everything is out of focus.

I know there is more too. I am very disappointed. Its very fast and the navigation is great. But so much else is a headache. Is it me or did I get a bum phone? If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

I am thinking I will have to return it and wait for iphone5. I really wanted to like this phone.

Thanks,

You must have gotten a lemon I don`t have any of those problems, no reboots or anything mine has worked flawless besides the google earth thing other than that it been sweet:D

Upvote 0
...Secondly I cant get the phone to mount. It keeps kicking me off and unmounting me within 10 seconds of connecting to usb on my computer. When I click the USB icon at top the options are only, Motorola Phone portal, windows media sync, usb mass storage. There is no "mount" option that I keep reading about. The other three options dont work and just say unmounted.

FWIW, I had to install a USB driver pack for my Moto Defy (Atrix's little brother?). Once installed, I could use all the Motorola Software suites.

Upvote 0

Thanks,

I would say definitely a bum phone because of the whole random shutdowns.
The network speeds will improve, and did you try the official Android market website? I have been pushing apps to my phone just fine (except the ones AT&T blocks of course). The camera probably won't get better though...

Upvote 0
Corporate Sync doesn't pull all calendar events from the corporate server. I'm using a workaround with Google Sync to put everything from Outlook onto my Google Calendar, but this obviously isn't my first choice. It seems like all past events are pulled from the corporate calendar but only some of the future events.

Upvote 0
Hi, I am new to smart phone's-
My atrix also restarted couple of time in the span of 5 hrs when I started firstly, after that looks like ok.
Also I have an issues or finding hard to sync my contents to desktop (Including contacts,setting,media,playlist,apps, backup etc similar to itunes). Could anyone tell me how to do that?
--I tried some of the stuff
--Able to import my contact from motoblur acc (*.csv file)
-- Installed moto driver and moto media link on computer
--Atrix is able to detect on computer after several trials, but had issues with this regarding dis-connecting atrix, sd card.
-- Also where to backup? not found any option in moto media link

Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
Mine just shut off with 70% battery left which sucked because I used it as my alarm clock this morning. I woke up 10 min late and I was like wtf. Check the phone and it was off. Had to fully restart. That is not a good sign.

I'm having this EXACT same issue. (I was actually 10 minutes late too, as a result).

It has happened 3 times since I bought the phone. It just shuts off with a full battery, no explanation. Anyone else have this issue?

Upvote 0
I'm having this EXACT same issue. (I was actually 10 minutes late too, as a result).

It has happened 3 times since I bought the phone. It just shuts off with a full battery, no explanation. Anyone else have this issue?

It's shut off on me now 4 times since I got it. Not sure what the problem is. Sounds to me like this is s pretty blanket problem though! If only there was a way to get moto to fix it.

Upvote 0
That I can't remember unfortunatly which one caused it. It could have been the Mafia Wars App or A family guy soundboard? Not sure, I had just downloaded a handful to check them out from the top free apps in the android market. Guess I f'd myself there.

I heard you have to be careful what apps you download from the market because many are spyware and can take control of your phone. Need to read the permissions under the permissions tab. Some are scary to read. I read permissions on a flashlight app. All this app does is turn your camera flash into a flashlight, so why does it have access to all my contacts and the ability to make changes to my contacts and also have access to make calls from my phone WTF??? Why does it need all that access when all it has to do is turn on the freaking camera LED on or off? Be careful what you download from the Market.

Upvote 0
Caveat: came from an iphone and I know not everything works like one

1. When on a call, if I put the phone to my face the screen does not shut off. At best, if it senses touch in 2 points it ignores input (really annoying if I am holding in one hand and it happens to have a finger barely on the touch area; trying to type numbers with the other). Is there actually a proximity sensor? Is there a way to test that it even creates output. I cant find anything I cant find a single spot on the screen I can cover to simulate a face on the phone that will turn off the screen only to have it come back when uncovered later. It only shuts down only to require a password/login later because it timed out (in speakerphone mode) which I would love to disable as well. This does mean quicker battery rundown on calls and having to relog in if I leave the phone on speaker. This is a big deal because I often have very long conference calls I dial into.

2. Exchange/EAS accounts return a failed connection error when checking email only if there are no new messages; otherwise it works fine. Cant seem to find anything anywhere that will elaborate what the error is. If there is anything that pisses me off (and the fact that my job involves solving technical issues) its when something says "Its broken" and there is no way available to figure out what is broken; I know they do this is to make the phone easier/less intimidating but if anybody knows a way to see debug messages/logs I could try to decipher myself, that would be awsome (Anything apple is usually really bad about this, I expected better from android)

Upvote 0
I heard you have to be careful what apps you download from the market because many are spyware and can take control of your phone. Need to read the permissions under the permissions tab. Some are scary to read. I read permissions on a flashlight app. All this app does is turn your camera flash into a flashlight, so why does it have access to all my contacts and the ability to make changes to my contacts and also have access to make calls from my phone WTF??? Why does it need all that access when all it has to do is turn on the freaking camera LED on or off? Be careful what you download from the Market.

I agree that everyone always needs to both read and think about the permissions you are giving an app that you download, the market is NOT rife with malware- there have been a few bad eggs that Google has found and taken care of, and a few more users have uncovered that will be dealt with shortly. Just pay attention to the permissions and think about what those permissions are granting, make sure it makes sense for the app (as your example illustrates), and you will be fine.

Caveat: came from an iphone and I know not everything works like one

1. When on a call, if I put the phone to my face the screen does not shut off. At best, if it senses touch in 2 points it ignores input (really annoying if I am holding in one hand and it happens to have a finger barely on the touch area; trying to type numbers with the other). Is there actually a proximity sensor? Is there a way to test that it even creates output. I cant find anything I cant find a single spot on the screen I can cover to simulate a face on the phone that will turn off the screen only to have it come back when uncovered later. It only shuts down only to require a password/login later because it timed out (in speakerphone mode) which I would love to disable as well. This does mean quicker battery rundown on calls and having to relog in if I leave the phone on speaker. This is a big deal because I often have very long conference calls I dial into.

2. Exchange/EAS accounts return a failed connection error when checking email only if there are no new messages; otherwise it works fine. Cant seem to find anything anywhere that will elaborate what the error is. If there is anything that pisses me off (and the fact that my job involves solving technical issues) its when something says "Its broken" and there is no way available to figure out what is broken; I know they do this is to make the phone easier/less intimidating but if anybody knows a way to see debug messages/logs I could try to decipher myself, that would be awsome (Anything apple is usually really bad about this, I expected better from android)

As to 1. My sensor is just to the right of the Motorola logo slightly right and below the earpiece. If yours is not functioning (which it won't and shouldn't in speakerphone) you should get it replaced.
For 2. Search the market for "logcat" as it is the best log viewer I know of. You'll have to sift through a lot, but if you are tech savvy it will tell you what the issue is...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones